La Pointes Residences and Spa
Following the successful launch of a residential development in France and UK, Gunners Point Developers conducted detailed research into the Mauritius property market. The study highlighted the following points:
- Mauritius developments are generally distinguished by their architecture or location.
- Residential developments are concentrated on the island’s North Coast, which does enjoy a 12-month season.
- There are few "Resort" style developments.
In order to develop a truly distinctive project, the Gunners Point Dev. Company has identified Point Aux Canonniers, an area situated in the sheltered waters of Grand Bay, and only 150m off the sandy coast. This property is now branded as La Pointes Residences and Spa.
Develop a product that will:
- Provide the villa owner with a truly differentiated residence to achieve strong capital growth and high rental returns.
- Take advantage of the location’s unique 12-month season to ensure high rental returns.
- Configure the product to attract short break consumers.
- Ensure that the idyllic location delivers its promises of peace and security.
- Ensure fast, easy access to the all facilities, amenities and infrastructure.
- Achieve international exposure through multi-layered marketing channels including traditional travel outlets and contacts.
Gunners Point Dev. Company is proposing a unique concept, as yet un-experienced in the region. The Proposal is to develop Mauritius’s only luxury gated community; ‘La Pointes Residences and Spa.’ The exclusive island location will offer a unique balance of peace, privacy and security within a relaxed and playful environment, created specifically with high net worth individuals and holidaymakers in mind.
The high accessibility and fresh concept, coupled with some exciting added benefits should make this the most sought after address on the island as also reward investors with excellent returns and provide potential for strong capital growth.
Furthermore, Gunners Point has significant experience in developing; selling, marketing and operating residences and resorts throughout Europe and in Mauritius and is confident of delivering what it promises.
With almost 13 acres of pristine land, the estate is not bound by the limitations of many other Mauritian developments. Meticulous effort has gone into maximizing the estate features whilst maintaining the exclusive virtues of each unit. The villas, built to very high specifications, will feature the gentle curves of tropical design with aesthetic roofs that resemble the traditional sloped timber roofs.
The Estate Centre will be pivotal to the lifestyle and sense of community generated in central areas. Restaurants, shops, bakeries etc will provide services and facilities to enable a good level of self-sufficiency.
The village is located on Pt Aux Canonniers, a mere150 meters off Mauritius’s Grand Bay coast. This tropical location affords easy access to the myriad of beautiful islands, bays and beaches throughout area.
The island location offers Proximity to:
- Mauritius International Airport - 65 minutes
- Mauritius town - Port Louis - 20 minutes
- Main Grand Bay center - 10 minutes
The Village Site
- 80, 2-4 bedroom villas on plots ranging in size from 300 to 600 sq.m.
- 33, 2-3 bedroom apartments of 130 to 180 sq meters
- Privately managed (through a TRUST) common areas including road networks, parking bays, green spaces, pathways and water-bodies
- A number of fine restaurants and bars surrounding in the adjacent commercial area.
- Shops and other general facilities and services.
- Central Club House with spa, fitness, café, and recreational services
Common amenities for villas and apartments
- Central pool
- Wine and cigar lounge
- Sports bar
- Noodle shop, pizza and pasta restaurant
- Convenience store
- Souvenir store
- Fully-equipped, air conditioned fitness centre
- Spa & Massage centre
- 24/7 security
- Stand by generator and water reservoir
- Garbage collection and disposal
- Hi-speed Internet access
- Satellite TV feed
Additional amenities for villas
- 2 car ports, covered
- Private swimming pool with kiosk and bar
- Fitted out kitchens and bathrooms
- Private garden baths
- Jacuzzi with master bathroom
- Laundry room
It is common practice for the Developer to retain responsibility for maintaining the common areas until the project has been completed. At this juncture the Maintenance Programme is contracted out to a professional estate management company who is then answerable to the Owners Association.
Efficient resort management and maintenance are essential to protecting owners’ investments. Fittingly, the scheme proposed is fully-integrated and comprehensive and is focused on the following key areas:
- Management and maintenance of services and areas external to the Villa (compulsory)
- Booked services - additional services such as Maid service, laundry etc. (optional)
In addition the management company will provide 24-hour reception, maintenance and security teams to manage and upkeep the grounds and ensure that both owners and guests are warmly welcomed and guaranteed an enjoyable stay.
Annual Maintenance Budget
The trust will develop an annual maintenance budget detailing the costs associated with maintaining the site. The Owners Association will first agree upon this budget and thereafter the actions will be implemented accordingly.
- External Areas maintenance(compulsory)
Regular maintenance will be performed on all central areas, and all areas external to the Villa. Tasks include the following:
- Common Area Maintenance such as gardening, road and path maintenance and cleaning
- Common Area Lighting
- Common Pool Maintenance/Cleaning
- Garbage Collection
- Provision of water supply
- Pesticide services as required
- Timely service of septic tanks
- Payment of taxes due as a result of common areas
- Maintenance of office, manager’s dwelling, security hut and perimeter fencing
- Non chargeable central facilites (Fitness centre etc)